The 4 Vallées boasts some of the most remarkable off-piste terrain available in the Alps. It is unrivaled in the diversity and challenges of its terrain.
If your level of skiing or snowboarding is enough to access areas outside unsecure terrain why not give backcountry skiing a try.
But don’t venture lightly! Keep the odds in your favour…!
As well as perfecting your off-piste skills, the course includes the following:
- Snow & avalanche hazard management, including multiple burial search techniques
- Emergency procedures
- Off piste ski/riding technique
- Route selection including kick turns & setting a skinning track
- Equipment for touring and off piste travel i.e. skinning/snow shoeing
- Basic map reading navigation and route selection
There is also an option to try out Heliskiing for that extra adrenaline rush!
N.B. For reasons of mountain safety we accept a maximum of 7 skiers/snowboarders per Mountain Guide.